Tuesday, February 15, 2011



Robert Frost's
The Road Not Taken

1916
I took the poem and inserted it into the wordle.net website and created this map. Notice the way the important words stick out. Notice the patterns.








What is the humor of this cartoon?
The Road Not TakenTwo roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
B. Listen to the poem as read by any of the readers below and then answer the questions further below.Read by Seth Woodworth
Read by Alan Davis-Drake
Read by Jemma Blythe
Read by Frost reads
Read by Mr T
VIDEO


  1. What color were the woods where the roads diverged?
  2. Where did one of the roads bend into?
  3. Why did he take the other road?
  4. Were they equal?
  5. Why wouldn't the wanderer of roads return to travel the other road?
  6. When will he be telling his tale?
  7. What is the tone of the poem?
  8. Which road did he take?
  9. Was his choice important?
  10. What does this poem say about choice?





No comments: